Sunday, August 24, 2008

Once you go black, you'll never go back


I just came across this article, and for some reason I found it really hilarious even though I'm sure it's true (or, anyway, I have no reason to believe that it's not). Basically it says that black food (i.e., food that is black in color) is good for you because it contains a lot of antioxidants. I guess the reason I thought it was funny was that (a) I started imagining a whole meal of black food and how disgusting that would look on a plate, despite being probably very healthy; and (b) it reminded me of the time a few years ago when I made a dark chocolate bowling ball cake for our Big Lebowski party (pictured above with bowling pin and starburst cookies -- you can't really tell from the blurry picture, but I actually cut out finger holes and carefully frosted inside each of them) with black food coloring in both the cake batter and the frosting to make the whole ball uniformly black, and it made everyone's crap turn black (and in some cases, their barf too -- it was one hell of a party). Good times!

(Note to those who eat my baked goods: don't worry, I don't use food coloring anymore.)

On the subject of cakes, I found this blog via a link from Meg, and it is cracking me up. This post made me laugh so hard I cried.

2 comments:

N. said...

One of my ex-boyfriends and his brother-in-law, Ron, had an inside joke about "me love you long time." So when Ron's birthday rolled around, the ex-boyfriend bought a birthday cake. The ex told the baker to write on the cake, "Happy Birthday Ron! Me love you long time."

Well, we got the cake back, and it said:
Happy Birthday Ron! I have loved you for a long time.

The ex's sister (Ron's wife) thought it was effing hilarious, as did the rest of us...except Ron and the ex.

So basically, said cake decorator did the exact opposite of what those from the blog did...like, ya know, put TOO MUCH thought into what s/he was writing.

Mary said...

HAHA! That is awesome. Did they get a picture of that cake? If so, they should totally send it to Cake Wrecks along with the back story.